tedd wrote:
hello

i have been trying to learn php.

what is the best approach to learning php for someone who has no programming experience?
-snip-

any advice and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Here's a tutorial I found useful, and would be good for someone without a programming background as it has good explanations of not only the code, but the concepts. http://www.brainbell.com/tutors/php/php_mysql/index.html. I found it when I started to try to learn authentication. I was having a hard time wrapping my head around it, and this site took me over the hump!!

This is also on that site, but I haven't really looked at this section.
http://www.brainbell.com/tutorials/php/

Another thing I did was to download the php reference manual to my desk top so I can easily pull it up. I typically look there first, and if I still need some help, I will google for code snippets. Then I ask for help on one of the lists. I don't remember where I got the manual, but I'm sure someone here can give you a link. Or you can google for it.

jimmy