Thank you for the input. For now we are just using PHP to create symbolic links to the video files and the links are removed when they are done viewing the video. We are open to other suggest still, but for now, this fills our needs and bypasses putting so much stress on PHP as to put hundreds of mb of files through it.

Why secure?  A combination of all those reason.

Thanks,
Jonathan