Sup,
    I made this and have been using it for about 6 months without problem.
mt_rand() is 4 times faster than normal rand(), remember to use mt_srand()
to seed.  The 8 in the while controls how long the $password will be...

$count = 0;

mt_srand( (double) microtime() * 1000000);

while( $count < 8 )
{
   $randval = mt_rand(48 , 122);
   $timeout++;

   // currently allows 0-9 and a-z (lowercase), add 65-90 for uppercase
   if(($randval > 47 && $randval < 58) || ($randval > 96 && $randval < 123))
   {
      $password .= chr($randval);
      $count++;

SL.