Ohhh I see now.  Yes, it should be putting things into a buffer before
sending the data to the client.  I guess shutdown function executes
after the content have been sent.

My users are usually working on LAN connections but sometimes there are
network problems and this could be one of the symptoms.

Cheers,

-William