On 01/03/06, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
> I have two *identical*l routines residing on two difference hosts --
> one works and the other doesn't.
>
> Please review (this works):
>
> http://www.webbytedd.com/examples/rank.php
>
> However, this doesn't:
>
> http://www.xn--ovg.com/rank.php
>
> Any idea as to what is wrong?

Yes. You're violating google's terms of service.

From your script:

 Warning:
fopen(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=61898169760&features=Rank&q=info:webbytedd.com):
failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in
/home/tedd/public_html/rank.php on line 124

From the page that gave you the HTTP 403 Forbidden response (surely
that was a a bit of a clue?):

> Forbidden
> Your client does not have permission to get URL
> /search?client=navclient-auto&ch=61898169760&features=Rank&q=info:webbytedd.com
> from this server. (Client IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx)
>
> Please see Google's Terms of Service posted at
> http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html

From google's terms of service:

> You may not send automated queries of any sort to Google's system without
> express permission in advance from Google. Note that "sending automated
> queries" includes, among other things:
>
>    * using any software which sends queries to Google to determine how a
>       website or webpage "ranks" on Google for various queries;

  -robin