On Mié 25 Abr 2001 23:17, James, Yz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have seen a few pages that echo the time it's taken to execute an SQL
> query, like "The results in the database were returned in 0.3 seconds."
> Anyone know if there's a built in function to display this, and if there
> is, what it is?  My more-than-useless-ISP seems to have taken an aversion
> to allowing me to surf tonight without disconnecting me.

That depends on the SQL server you are using (and I'm not talking about M$SQL
Server! :-) ).
In postgreSQL you do that with an EXPLAIN query, but the results are given
throught the warning output, and there is no function to grab it. But it
wouldn't be difficult to build it. :-)

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.