Hey Jay,

> [snip]
> is it the same as $_SERVER["include_path"]
> [/snip]
>
> Have them go to the command line and type 'which php' and  it will
> return the path.

The clients will probably not even understand what "command line" means, I
was thinking of doing something like this:

ask the client to enter the path to php on his server, if he does not know
the path then to download the script get_php_path.php from my site that
would contain

<?php echo "The path to php on your server is: ".$_SERVER["include_path"];
?>

then they would then enter that value....but is
$_SERVER["include_path"];
the correct thing to use?

> [/snip]
> .... so, does the format need to be changed in some
> way to add it to my .htaccess file or is it simply not allowed in the
htaccess file?
> [/snip]

> What are the permissions of the directory?
The permissions are 755...but thanks for the tip, for some reason it didnt
strike me that it might be a permissions issue.., will check other
permissions and get back to  you/the list if it still does not work. The
thing is, its not actually "writing" anything there...I just want it to call
the php script to process the data there..

> [snip]
> 3.
> [/snip]
> I have actually used PHP to run scripts from the command line like this
> before the CLI version came out. As long as the path is correct you
> shouldn't have a problem.

Thats a relief, thanks!

Cheers,
Ryan