Got this from a tutorial and I am not able to get this to work.

Even when I download the finished files from the site I can't get it to
work. It definitely does its job on bringing in the variable but, it
never increments any higher from zero. It seems as though I maybe have a
problem with reading/writing files. Would someone mind taking a look and
see if this looks correct?

Using PHP 4.4.2

//FLASH
//instance of dynamic text box on stage with variable name count
//Frame1
this.loadVariables("counter.php?num="+random(99));

//Frame2
this.loadVariables("count.txt?num="+random(999));

//frame40
gotoAndPlay(2);

//PHP
<?php
$count = file_get_contents("count.txt");
$count = explode("=", $count);
$count[1] = $count[1]+1;
$file = fopen("count.txt", "w+");
fwrite($file, "count=".$count[1]);