At 4/26/2001 12:10 PM, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
> > What I *really* like to see in PHP is:
> >
> > - NAMESPACE
> > - TRACEBACK INFO
> > - exception (try-except block)
> > - $obj->method()->anotherMethod()
> > - real destructor would be nice, but not extremely important for
> >    the time being, due to the nature of PHP usage in Web pages
>
>I agree, but
>
>$obj->method()->anotherMethod()
>works for me. What does not work to be specific?

Hm, I'm using 4.0.4pl1. Perhaps this has been added somewhere in
the 4.0.5RC series? Sorry, haven't got the chance of trying that
(apart from using the PEAR from 4.0.5RC2).

===
class C1 {
     function &f() { return $this; }
     function g() { echo "Hi!"; }
}

$C=new C;
$C->f()->g();
===

does not work me here.

>I don't use GDB, but it seems it supports traceback.
>How about Zend Debugger? Does it support? Anyone?

Yes, I've heard that it supports traceback. I guess this means I
have to use a source-level debugger for now. Lacking a stack trace
leads to a rather cumbersome error reporting, since I have to
supply __LINE__, __FILE__, and the name of the function in every
call to the error function.

Regards,
Steve