From: Martin Alterisio "El Hombre Gris" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, 19 April 2006 12:36 PM
To: Peter Hoskin
Cc: Shannon Doyle; php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] session_destroy

That's exactly what the manual says.
session_destroy() doesñ't clean the session cookie (if one is used), that's probably why your session persists.

Peter Hoskin wrote:

I've also had this issue from time to time. Used the following to destroy it under all circumstances.

  if (isset($_COOKIE[session_name()])) {
      setcookie(session_name(), '', time()-42000, '/');
  }
  session_destroy();

Shannon Doyle wrote:

Hi People,

Trying to get a session to destroy correctly, however the darn thing just refuses to destroy. I call the following in a separate webpage in a effort
to destroy the session, only to find that the session still persists.

<?php
session_start();
session_unset();
session_destroy();