On Thu, April 20, 2006 5:46 pm, Chris Kennon wrote:
> I'm new to the list so "Hello" to all. I'm drafting a function.php
> page, which will be included() in the pages in need. How would I pass
> a form as an argument of a function? From the name parameter of the
> form element or perhaps an ID:

HTTP does not pass FORM name nor ID attribute.

Mainly because the JavaScript guys tacked on FORM name and ID for
themselves, and nobody else much cared, really...

If you want to, you can always add an INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN"

<FORM NAME="xyz" >
  <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="formname" VALUE="xyz" />
.
.
.
</FORM>

> Also, I seem to recall some caution is needed when using user-defined
> functions?

I believe the above statement is correct in all particulars, but not
very particular. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm