On 23 Apr 2006, at 8:03 PM, John Hicks wrote:

CK wrote:
> Hi,
> On Apr 22, 2006, at 1:26 PM, John Hicks wrote:
>
>> CK wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I've been commissioned to design a web application for auto parts
>>> sales. The Flash Front end will communicate with a MySQL DB via PHP.
>>> In addition, PHP/XML should be used with a client-side Web GUI to
>>> upload images, part no., descriptions and inventory into the DB; a
>>> Product Management System.
>>>
>> I am curious as to how you plan to using XML for the client's back
>> end? (I don't see any reason to use it.)
>
> Using XML to keep an "inventory" dynamically, was the thought. The XML
> file would be updated with each entry, then could be imported into a
> spreadsheet.

If you are storing your inventory in an XML document, then what are you using the MySQL database for?

>>> After "Googling" the returned queries have been slim, any leads on
>>> more specific examples?

What specifically are you looking for and how are you googling for it?

--John

You may want to look into openlaszlo. http://www.openlaszlo.org/ You can use it to provide the Internet front-end and use PHP for the back- end. Also, now has the option for either DHTML or Flash on the client side.

Johan Martin
Catenare LLC