[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello, 1st msg here so im excited what results i will get :)
>
> Im a novice with php parsing and have been able to help myself quite well
> with what ive needed with xml_parse_into_struct and then echoing the fixed
> variable names but now im dealing with an xml document that is 1st quite
> large and 2nd changing gradually over time with either added data or changed
> information. (But not in large numbers)
>
> http://www.camelotherald.com/xml/spells-si.xml
>
> It is a spell listing for an online mmorpg. It has a "spell_list" that
> captures all other tags and a "spell_line" for each spell line. Within each
> spell line is a "spell" which has the detailed info for each spell with in
> the "spell_line"
>
> I could parse this by echoing the fixed variables but due to its size and the
> changes done over time its just to much work. This is why i come to a stop.
> Ive read some guides and tried some example code that should help me through
> this.
>
> What i hoped to get is an example with the xml i provided so i could work
> with it to complete the project.
>
> The example could look something like this:
>
> Header with the selected "spell_line" name ie. "Calefaction" and below that
> the spell info in some dummy table format. Then the next "spell_line" which
> is "Path of Earth" then with the spell info in some dummy table setup.
>
> Thanks for reading and i hope someone can show me the light of a real xml
> parse.

The comments on the Manual page
[http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xml.php] contain an example class that
parses an XML file into an associative array. I'm using something
similar myself, as it seems to be a pretty straightforward way to get an
easy-to-use structure in PHP 4 without dom_xml, which isn't always
available.

Mattias