Hi,

I've written PHP routines to work on MySQL and so far so good.  However,
I have one question.

I have a select routine that has the following syntax (which works fine
thus far):

$queryID = mysql_query("SELECT Country, Agent FROM Ports
                                        WHERE Portname = '$portname'");

My question is, if the variable $portname has the ' character within in,
will this cause an error in my select statement?  If the answer is
"Yes", can someone give me a more robust way of writing it using PHP?

Thanks,
Don