On Thu, May 18, 2006 10:50 am, tedd wrote:
>>File permissions is beyond the scope of this mailing list.  You need
>>to buy a book, research on the web, etc., on *nix system
>>administration, and concentrate on the
>>filesystem/security/permissions sections, and the section on how
>>apps/daemons operate.
>
> My question basically was "why isn't chmod() working for me?" So, I
> thought it might be a question to pose to a php mailing list -- my
> mistake, sorry.
>
> In any event, I'll figure it out.
>
> Thanks.
>
> tedd
>
> PS: 0777 -- so you never go to extremes, or press limits, to try to
> solve a problem?

0777 is what you told us for the DIRECTORY containing the file, not
the file itself.

You did not tell use which user/group owned the file, nor directory,
nor which user PHP is running as.

We CANNOT answer your question directly, because you've asked your
question rather badly.

Posting abusive/argumentative replies to those at least trying to help
you is not likely to make things better, is it?

You're on the horse, and can't get the gate open.

We're leading the horse to water, and can't make him drink.

Maybe you can't get the gate open because you SHOULDN'T ride the horse
down that dangerous path.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm