On 5/23/06, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 7:09 PM +0300 5/23/06, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>This may be far-fetched, but can php convert a doc file to HTML? I
>vaguely remember a thread that discussed converting pdf's, but I
>cannot find reference to either that or to doc in the manual. Any
>input would be appreciated.
>
>If php cannot do this, then could someone recommend a tool that runs
>on linux that can do the conversion in batch? I have ~200 files to
>convert.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Dotan Cohen

Dotan:

What kind of documents and how to do want to present them?

PHP can generate html code and place any text file within in it --
it's simple a matter of arranging things the way you want it to look.
For example, you might want to review:

http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-1233.html

In fact, you can do that without php by using a shtml and includes.

But, more specifically, I need to know more about what documents you
have and you what you want to do with them.

tedd

Thanks for the example, Tedd. That script would work if I already had
the files in HTML format.

I have about two hundred .doc files that I have archived over the
years. Now that I'm rid of windows I would still like to use them. I
figure that the easiest way to still view the documents, and make them
available for others in my faculty, would be to publish them on
dotancohen.com . However, I'd need to convert them from .doc format to
HTML before I can put them on the web.

I know that I can just drag it all over to a winbox at the university
and convert them one-by-one in Word, but I'd rather not do that to 200
individual files!

Dotan Cohen
http://gmail-com.com
56