At 04:38 PM 5/29/2006, Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
However, PHP can download a page with input fields disabled that
includes a div styled to look like a dialog box with a couple of
submit buttons labeled YES & NO.  Submitting YES will request the
same page from PHP but without the dialog div and with user interface
fields enabled; NO will request the same page but without the dialog
div and with UI fields disabled.

 From the user's point of view, the main difference between doing
this with PHP and doing it with JavaScript is that the PHP solution
will take at least a few seconds for the round-trip to the server
whereas JavaScript's response to a confirm() dialog will seem
instantaneous.
[/snip]

Interesting concept Paul, so you are saying that PHP can be used to
generate something that looks like an alert box using CSS? Or are you
saying that PHP would use an intermediary page to generate the behavior?

The former. No big deal, just a regular page with a small gray form layered on top. The original poster asked for a way to do this without using JavaScript, so I assume that we're only dealing with a single window here.

Regards,
Paul