php-general Digest 30 Apr 2001 03:32:58 -0000 Issue 657

Topics (messages 50795 through 50823):

Re: Opening a page in the same window
        50795 by: Johannes Rumpf

template solutions?
        50796 by: Steven Haryanto

Re: MySQL capabilities
        50797 by: Steven Haryanto

Re: integer checking problem from query string
        50798 by: Steven Haryanto

Re: Sessions
        50799 by: Taylor, Stewart

getting sessions lifetime
        50800 by: Jens Kisters
        50806 by: Taylor, Stewart
        50808 by: Taylor, Stewart

Apache+PHP(as apache module)+SSL under Windows
        50801 by: Daniel BI
        50809 by: ~~~i LeoNid ~~

Re: how to include() a string
        50802 by: ~~~i LeoNid ~~
        50804 by: Andi Gutmans
        50811 by: ~~~i LeoNid ~~
        50812 by: Luca
        50813 by: Luca
        50814 by: Andi Gutmans
        50815 by: Andi Gutmans
        50816 by: Luca
        50817 by: Andi Gutmans

how to measure databases
        50803 by: Mark Lo

Re: Do You Like This Book?
        50805 by: Tym Rehm

Comparison between template engines.
        50807 by: Subhrajyoti  Moitra

Browser Caching
        50810 by: Steve Haemelinck
        50820 by: Chris Adams

Re: HELP!! Mail and attachments
        50818 by: Chris Anderson

Etags for emacs (Where?)
        50819 by: Yasuo Ohgaki

Re: Messaging to a simple server?
        50821 by: Tormod Ravnanger Landet

Reporting from Database
        50822 by: Tim Thorburn

        50823 by: Benny

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For PHP there's no command, just do it by Javascript, like this:

print("<script language=\"Javascript\">document.location.href=\" ---
Fill in file location here --- \"</script>");

The file you're linking to can be any file, a html, a php, a cgi,
whatever you want
Greetings from Austria,
                                            Johannes Rumpf

Does anyone know a rather advanced template solution in PHP?
At least one that supports loop and if (like HTML::Template),
and directives/commands would be nice (like Perl's Template
Toolkit).

I am currently rolling my own, but still not happy with the
result of the design. I'd be happy to use one that is already
out there.

Steve

This is perhaps more suited on mysql mailing list, but anyway...

On 4/29/2001 06:18 PM, José León Serna wrote:
 > Hello:
 >     Since no one asks my question about access to InterBase from PHP, I'm
 > considering MySQL ;-)

 > I would like to know more about the reliability and functionality from PHP
 > users, I'm going to make searchs on a database with big text in Blob fields.
 > Right now, in my web (it's made in Delphi) I'm using the Rubicon product to
 > make searchs on a database and it works really fast, my questions are:
 > Can I use MySQL to search for a substring in a Memo Field?

yes. mysql >3.23.25 even supports full text searching. search
for FULLTEXT in mysql manual.

 > Can I tell MySQL to only returns me a subset of results, I mean only 10
 > results?

yes, this is one of the conveniences of MySQL, thanks to its
LIMIT clause.

 > How fast is MySQL?

relatively very fast, since it supports only a subset of
SQL standards.

 > I have a database with 11000 records (not too many) but
 > with a big Memo Field and I want to search for words to show the results
 > that match the users query.

use FULLTEXT indexing. before MySQL has this, I wrote KwIndex.
You might find it useful:

http://steven.haryan.to/php/KwIndex.html

There's also various full text indexing package you can use:
htdig, glimpse, etc. Most of them work best with content in
filesystem though.

Steve

Because it's a string. You can use regex matching or test
whether floor($var) == $var, for example.

Steve

At 4/29/2001 04:25 AM, Jamie Saunders wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm submitting a phone number from an HTML form to a PHP page
>that examines it to see if it's an integer:
>
>form.html:
>
>validate.php: <?php $phonenumber = trim($phonenumber); if
>(is_int($phonenumber)) { echo "Integer"; } else { echo "Not Integer"; } ?>
>
>However, for some reason the script doesn't recognize the number as an
>Integer - why is this and how can I remedy it?
>

>Jamie Saunders
>Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Web: http://jamie-s.co.uk

The SID will only be added automatically if -enable-trans-sid is set and
your browser has cookies switched off.  When cookies are on the session id
is propagated using a cookie.  So likewise the <?=SID?> constant will only
be expanded when cookies are switched off.

Anyway, yes you will have to add <?=SID?> to all your URL's if you want
people to be able to access it with cookies disabled.  Plus you will need to
add a hidden field on all your forms i.e.
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="TESTSESSID" VALUE="<?php echo session_id()?>"> so
that the session_id is propagated when ther form is submitted.

When you changed you session_name did you remember to call session_start
again.

session_name("TESTSESSID");    // session i want to use
session_start();               // start specified session.

-Stewart