Dear All,

I have been trying to install php-4.0.4pl1 on RH 6.2 with mysql-3.23.37.

I have loaded mysql-3.23.37-1.i386.rpm, mysql-client-3.23.37-1.i386.rpm and
mysql-devel-3.23.37-1.i386.rpm.

Everything goes well except until libphp4.so is loaded by apache. Then
apache dumps.  If I comment this line containing libphp4.so reference,
apache works fine.

I have seen from the FAQs(4.5) that this problem can be corrected if you
"recompile from the source rpm and remove the switch in the spec file that
turns on the threaded client code".

Can anyone give me some more details how this is to be done?

regards

Vimal