On Saturday 10 June 2006 21:08, jekillen wrote:

> You misunderstand my question. I know the limitations of javascript.
> The server won't respond to events registered in the browser. I write
> tons of forms that are all processed
> by the client with javascript. I have written ferocious regex filters
> that hack apart form submissions before they even leave the client. I
> have set it up so if the client doesn't
> have javascript enabled, the form won't submit if it is going to the
> server. That is why as much as possible I shift form processing to the
> client as much as possible, for
> security and to off load work to the client. I use php to dynamically
> write js files when necessary, anticipating what data will be
> requested.

"...shift form processing to the client as much as possible, for security..."

Client-side security isn't.  Your server has no way of telling if the data
it's receiving is from a properly setup client that did the correct JS
filtering, or if it's from someone writing as simple bot/script/program
that's just sending GET and POST requests to you.  Your PHP should never
trust the client to be benign.

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson