At 12:43 PM +0100 6/20/06, Ross wrote:
>I have a quiz where the ansers are held in a array called $correct answers.
>When I compare the string
>
>if  ($_REQUEST['x']= $correct_answers[$page-1]) {
>

>with a double == the answer is always correct with the single = it is always
>wrong.
>
>when I echo out the posted answer and the value from the answers arrray they
>are correct.

When you say == the answer is always correct -- does that mean even when the
answer is wrong? If so, then there's something else going on here.

But, I believe the answer is:

if  ($_REQUEST['x'] == $correct_answers[$page-1]) {

This will compare the two and if they are the same will report true. You should
read the manual.

hth's

tedd