On Wed, July 5, 2006 10:40 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I don't know about you, Jay, but all we really want to do is keep a
> record of revisions and be able to 'diff' between them and have the
> files lock so if someone tries to open the file and it's already open,
> that the user is alerted and allowed to open read-only if they desire.

I *much* prefer the CVS/subversion paradigm of concurrent changes, but
if the above is what you want, perhaps you should look into
SourceSafe.

NOTE:
SourceSafe in the 80s on Mac PPC *ate* two of my projects when
goofballs added ".doc" files as text.

I'll never ever ever use this product again, no matter how many people
tell me it's been fixed.

YMMV

--
Like Music?