At 1:18 PM -0400 8/6/06, Jeffrey Sambells wrote:
My assumption here is you're trying to write a progress bar or something similar?

Yep.

If all you're after is a 'state' then you could submit your form to an embedded <iframe> and have the resulting page run an "I'm done" javascript, but that would only give you the start (when the user clicks submit) and the end (when the done function runs), it won't give you a true state during the course of the upload.

I've done something similar, namely:

http://xn--ovg.com/aa

But, it's faux upload -- I might as well stick with:

http://xn--ovg.com/a/wait.php

I'll look into your PERL suggestion -- that sounds intriguing.

Thanks Jeff.

tedd <off to find his old Perl books>

--
-------