On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:28:43 -0600, Jef Sullivan wrote:
> Here is the cron command that we use. I've modified the path to the file for
> security purposes.
>
> */5 * * 1-6 lynx -dump http://fully.qualified.path/cron_test.php
> -auth=usr:pwd
>
> Jef

Thanks for the reply.
However, your example is not PHP-cli at work, but the webserver
module. Lynx is started up to start the script through the browser.

I use PHP-cli because cron sends the output of your script in an email to
you, so I can see the output of my backup script. If I would run the
script through a web-browser, I lose that functionality. Also, I'd have
to make directories readable/writable to the webserver user, which I
rather not do...