On Mon, August 14, 2006 10:01 pm, Bigmark wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if this is possible-
> I currrently have a simple form with a textbox and submit button where
> user chooses a number from 1-22 then on submit it opens another page
> with a
> table of results within another form.
> What i need is for the second form to be shown on the same page and
> just
> below form 1, then when the second form is submitted it then goes back
> just form1.
> What i am trying to do is get rid of multiple pages and have the user
> stay
> on the same page for all admin functions.

You can use include() files to simulate this with old-school PHP only
technology.

You can use CSS and hidden DIVs to do this with new-school PHP + AJAX
technology.

Somewhere in between, there is the whole DHTML debacle, which you
probably want to avoid, but it could also be done that way. :-)

There is also a pure CSS + Javascript non AJAX way, but it would
involve dumping ALL the data out to the browser in the first place,
and 22 tables of data is probably "too much" for that to be a
reasonable user experience in performance.

All that said, the PHP part is pretty much the same, no matter how you
structure it, and you're really asking a CSS/Javascript/AJAX question,
even though you don't realize it.

One rule of thumb:
If it happens all on the browser, in real-time, it CANNOT be a PHP
question, cuz PHP lives on the server.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm