At 4:16 PM -0700 8/17/06, Chris W. Parker wrote:
tedd <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:58 PM said:

 You can shorten it even further by:

 if(do_something('hello'))
     {
    // do something with $result
     }
 else
     {
    // do some other stuff
     }

This actually won't work because $result is not being assigned anywhere.

Ahhh yes , I didn't catch that. Sorry to all.

 > http://xn--ovg.com/a14.php

Your page should show the source, otherwise it's impossible to tell
what's happening.

I didn't think that necessary considering that I posted what I was doing. But, I posted it again in my example -- please review:

http://xn--ovg.com/a14.php

I see now why I got the same result as you -- $result was never cleared.

Yeah, I guess as long as I'm just testing for true or false it'll be ok.

The example isn't checking for true/false but rather "not-null/false"

Cheers.

tedd
--
-------