Don't be sorry, that's not what I meant. The fields are completed by the
user, they submit and the cleaned and validated values are put into the
session. So when they go back their entered values are displayed. I made
sure of it by making sure these pages are never cached.

That issue is resolved. Now the only problem is that when the client
completes the cycle blank or default values are entered into the db, whereas
the other 4 remote testers have entered the data without issue.

On 18/08/06, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, August 17, 2006 12:56 pm, Dave Goodchild wrote:
>> How does the user "go back one page"?  If it by using the browser's
>> back-button, the php script has no way of knowing it.
>
> Yes, but the session variables have already been set, and are
> configured to
> display in the form fields.

Ah, but some browsers just don't work like that.

They assume that the user wants to re-use the values THEY entered, not
the ones that were the original default.

That's what an <input type="reset" /> was designed for into the HTML
spec in the first place, after all.

You can get them to switch to a browser that behaves like they expect.

You can educate them to understand that their browser is supposed to
work that way.

You can give them a "reset" form button to put things back the way
they were.

But you can't change the browser to misbehave from the way that
particular browser manufacturer thinks browsers should work.  Sorry.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

--