Now I get interested, what is KISS? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Cummings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:14 PM
To: Peter Lauri
Cc: 'Ryan A'; 'php php'
Subject: RE: [PHP] Dhtml/javasript layer tips or software (0.T)

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 11:54 +0700, Peter Lauri wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Isn't it to easy to cheat if you do like this? Just view the source and
you
> have the answers. But, this is maybe not for examination, maybe just for
> learning. If it is examination, AJAX would be better, so that they can not
> find out the solution by just looking at the source.

I did it based on what he requested. The fact that there's a show
hint/solution button in the first place suggests that they can view the
information. I guess it depends on whether the questions are part of an
exam, or self quiz in which case the hint and solution can be condusive
to further learning.

As you say though, if it were a test, I'd use Ajax and register the show
hint/solution request. Probably incurring full point loss for show
solution and partial point loss for show hint.

As it were though, an Ajax solution is more involved and his request
didn't seem to indicate a need for it so I went with KISS :)

Cheers,
Rob.