If what you mean is a db table, then it would seem to me that you should not be using a regex. PHP has rawurlencode() for this sort of thing.

But - you should learn regex ;-)

Try something like (untested and late at night)

function urlme($location)
{
    $enc=rawurlencode($location);
    $spc=htmlspecialchars($location);
    return "<A href='http://$enc'>$spc</a>";
}

AJ

www.project-network.com
www.deployview.com
www.funkifunctions.blogspot.com

M. Sokolewicz wrote:
Nadim Attari wrote:
Hello,

I have some text in a table... the text contains hyperlinks (but not html coded, i.e. plain "Some text...http://www.something.com";)

When i retrieve these texts from the table, i want the hyperlinks to become clickable, i.e. <a href etc added automatically.

"Some text...<a href="http://www.something.com";>http://www.something.com</a>"

I know this sould be done using Regex, but i don't know regex.

Any help (links, examples, etc)

Thanks
Nadim Attari

You don't know Regex. Well, that's simple then, TRY to learn it. Noone will (or should) give you any answers if it's absolutely clear that you're not putting any effort into trying to find one yourself. "I know this should be done using Regex, but I don't know regex.", wouldn't you think it'd be a good idea to look up a tutorial somewhere or try to find out what this "regex" exactly is? Try to type regex in the php doc, see the notes for the various functions?

really, a little more effort goes a long way.
- tul