Thanks for the idea, it didn't work, let me just explain a bit further!

this is a simple version of the code

input.htm::

<form name="form" method="get" action="show.php">
  <textarea name="textfield" cols="45" rows="5" wrap="HARD"></textarea>
  <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>

show.php::

<?php
echo $textfield;
?>

When I put in :

1
2
3
4

I get:

1 2 3 4

how do I fix this ( want it to appear like it was typed!)?

Regards
Lars Stampe