-----Original Message-----
From: Stut [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:11 PM
To: Peter Lauri
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Mirror url

Peter Lauri wrote:
> My client wants an affiliate system developed. I already have an affiliate
> system that works, but I need to extend it a little.
>
> My client want that the affiliate like should be something like:
> www.domain.com/rosegarden where rosegarden is the affiliates choosen
> affiliate tracking.
>
> 1.    I have a script that creates the folder rosegarden and copy
> index.php file into that folder that contains the tracking script and then
> just redirect them back to www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com/>
> 2.    I can use ModRewrite or something like that. But I have never used
> that before, and I am curious of how difficult it would be to create a
> dynamic system for this.
>
> When the affiliate signs up they can choose their subfolder and the system
> will automatically create necessary files and copy them.

Ok, 1 is pure evil, 2 is overkill. My suggestion would be multiviews. If
you're using Apache (I assume you are since mod_rewrite is an option),
enable multiviews on the vhost and then create a file called a.php in
the root of the site. Affiliates link to (as your example)
/a/rosegarden. In a.php, grab $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], remove the /a/
from the start of it, what's left is the affiliate identifier. Process
as you like.

-Stut