On 9/22/06, Kevin Waterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This one time, at band camp, "Curt Zirzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what about using:
>   php.net/pi
>
> note the precision description.
>
> or are we talking about a different pi.

The goal of the codegolf.com challenge is to print pi to 1000 places.
The programmer to do it in the least keystrokes is the winner.

I personally don't think this is a very healthy contest. It discourages
comments, and use of whitespace to make code readable.

I'd perfer a contest that rewarded code readability, and maintainability as
well as minimal keystrokes. After all you only enter the aforementioned
keystrokes once. Perhaps one like codegolf, with an enforced coding style (
eg KR Style, or GNU Style)