On Thu, September 21, 2006 7:08 pm, Colin Guthrie wrote:

I've used CVS a fair amount, no branching, as everybody always said
what a bear it was to merge.

I keep hearing subversion is easier to branch/merge.

Tomorrow, I've been tasked by the boss to find out HOW easy and how to
do it for a big change that needs doing.

But I'd also like to hack away on the "little changes" in, err, the
trunk, I guess...

So can I keep those both around?
And would the branch live in a subdirectory or what?

I've read the docs and all, but it's all too nuts-and-bolts detail and
not enough of the slightly higher-level "How To"...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm