I think that the iconv function/package may have what you are looking
for...

This is just a parrot of previous answers to similar questions.

I have no personal knowledge...

You could also contact the Thai folks and find out if there is
anything "close enough" to Windows-874 to use.

>From my limited understanding, sometimes the difference between 2
encodings is sooooooo minor that you're only screwing up a couple
characters, and only a linguist cares. :-v

I also suspect that MS, in typical fashion, may have "stolen" (no!) a
character encoding, renamed it windows-874, and it's really really the
same thing as an OSS encoding of another name.

On Thu, September 28, 2006 7:16 am, Peter Lauri wrote:
> I think I am on the right track right now.
>
> There is a function mb_convert_encoding() that could be used. However,
> have not found out how to code windows-874?
>
> Warning: mb_convert_encoding(): Unknown encoding "ISO-8859-11" in
> D:\webserver\viphavadee\sms\classes\sms.class.php on line 17
>
> Was one of my attempts...
>
> Anyone with a hint of how to work out this problem?
>
> /Peter

Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm