At 10:50 AM -0500 10/6/06, Richard Lynch wrote:
On Fri, October 6, 2006 8:37 am, tedd wrote:
 > At 7:11 PM -0700 10/5/06, Robbert van Andel wrote:
 > How do I take %u2022 and get make that display as the bullet
 >character?
 > I thought there was a way to use HEX directly, but can't find the
 reference at the moment (if there is one).

http://php.net/hexdec

Richard:

No, that's not what I meant. I know how to convert DEC <-> HEX.

What I was talking about is called a NCRs, or Numeric Character References

One could use the Unicode DEC value directly, such as:

    &#8226;

or the Unicode HEX value directly, such as:

    &#x2002;

Note, either will produce a bullet in most browsers.

But &#8226; is almost-for-sure *ONLY* going to "look right" on MS IE.

Not true, for most (and all most current) browsers do render that glyph correctly (other glyphs may vary), please review:

http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=289683

The first bullet is &149; (same as ALT 0149 on the windoze keyboard).

The second is &#8226; and third is &#x2002;

Note all three produce a bullet -- oh and don't forget &bull;, which will produce the same result.

tedd

--
-------