On Thursday 03 May 2001 17:30, Jason Stechschulte wrote:
>  On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 03:56:55PM -0700, elias wrote:

>  > i even tried the eval() which should work, but it didn't, scroll down to
>  > message with Subject: $hello
>  I don't think you understand eval().  Either that or I don't.  If I
>  understand correctly, eval(); requires a complete PHP statement.
>  Welcome $username is not a complete PHP statement.

that is correct, eval("echo $string"); can be used as a extremly silly way to
echo though.

>  Why don't you just make myfile.txt a valid php file and then include it?
>  myfile.txt.php:
>  Welcome <?php echo $username;?>
>  Enjoy your staying at: <?php echo $site_name;?>
>  Mail admin. at <?php echo $admin_mail?> for any questions...

Now this is as effective as to go to another room for each sip of a glass you
make, why not just:
<?
echo <<<OUT
        Welcome $username<br>
        Enjoy your staying at: $site_name<br>
        Mail admin at $admin_mail for any questions
OUT;
?>
or at least use <?=$var?> if you want to be mean to the server instead of
wearing out the keyboard.

--
 php developer / CoreTrek AS        | Higgledy Piggledy  Coeducational Yale
 Sandnes / Rogaland / Norway        | University   Extracurricular Gave up