Dave M G wrote:

> 1. Spamassassin says:
>
> Spam detection software, running on the system "homebase", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam.  [...]
>
> Content analysis details:   (0.3 points, 5.0 required)
>
> pts rule name              description
> ---- ----------------------
> 0.3 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list
>
> I looked up about auto white-lists on the net, and it says that it's a
> comparison between the current and previous emails. But for testing
> purposes, I don't really want it to compare against previous emails,
> since previous test emails would be "spammier" and bias spamassassin
> the wrong way.
>
> How can I compensate for this?

Yup, as you mentioned the AWL (auto-white-list) is a comparison to
you are doing pretty good.  You did include the body of the message in
the test right?  Not just the headers?

I expected you would have hit more rules than that.  Of course, that is
an 'out-of-the-box' install of SA, most people have special rules in
there, bayes training done, etc...  I believe there is also a website
that you can copy paste the message into to perform the same test (see
message on this list, "Peter Lauri - PHP Mailer and SMTP = SPAM?")  That
site might have other rules configured (SARE... etc) that you might be
hitting.  Worth a shot.

Travis Doherty