Why can I not set "upload_max_filesize" or "upload_tmp_dir" inside
my virtual host directive?  These are exactly the kinds of ini
directives that you would want to set per virtual host.

I can set "open_basedir" inside my virtual host using php_admin_value,
but neither of "upload_max_filesize" nor "upload_tmp_dir" take effect
unless I move those directives outside the virtual host configuration
and into Apache's global context.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how I would go about setting,
at the very least, "upload_tmp_dir" per virtual host?

PHP Version 5.1.6

Apache 1.3, mod_ssl, and mod_php on FreeBSD 5.4.

Thanks,

 - Michael Hogsett