When I was running PHP 4.0.4 on Apache 1.3/RH Linux 6.1, the following code
worked perfect:

file1.php

session_start();

session_register("var1");
$var1 = "a value";

file2.php

session_start();

session_register("var2");
$var2 = "some value";

file3.php

session_start();

print "$var1 : $var2";

After upgrading to PHP 4.0.5 and a slightly newer version of Apache (still
1.3.x base), the only variable contained in the session is var1.  I cannot
change var1, I cannot add more variables to the session.  I can only add
variables in the first php file that contains the first session_start().  Is
this correct?  I have verified this by viewing the database where the
session information is stored.

Any ideas?

Jon Peccarelli
[EMAIL PROTECTED]