I personal prefer Frameworks. I tried some of them.

But in my opinion, those are not made to create application fater, no.
With Frameworks, you can maintaine your application better. You have a global
place where everything can be changed on one file. Ofc, its also possible
that this improves the Application development, which is ofc good, but the
main thing is you can maintain it easy.

A good example is your comment regarding loading lot of staff into memory.. In
my company we also have a bigger framework, with a lot of includes and so on.
But it is still damn, fast. If you include now 100 or 1000 files, you allmost
dont see it as PHP proccesses them very fast. And if you have to change for
example now a filename that is required by other fiels, that a Framework is
your friend as you dont have to go to each file and change the filename, no,
you only have to change it on one place, result in: easy maintaining. Ofc,
this is only one example, but there exists other things too where a framework
can improve your work and save you time in changing things .