On Wed, November 1, 2006 3:24 pm, David NĂ©grier wrote:
> I'm having a somewhat unusual question here, and I cannot find any way
> to solve it.

There is no way to do precisely what you are describing.

The best thing to do, imho, is to have the PHP script queue up
something in a datbase, text file, or staging directory.

Then a cron job (or "Scheduled Task" in Windows) can run through the
queue, file, or directory, and process the items, totally independent
of the browser script.

It's a lot less effort than it sounds like, and de-coupling the
"request" for the task to be done completely from doing the task
simplifies things, in the long run.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?