At 3:13 PM +0200 11/5/06, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I have a list of subjects, such as "Linux", "Open Source", and "the
World Wide Web". The subjects are stored in a database and being
retrieved via php. I currently organize them alphabetically with SQL's
ORDER BY ASC argument, however, if there is a preceding "the " or "a "
then that is considered as part of the alphabetical order. Thus, all
the subjects starting with "the " are grouped together, as are the
subjects starting with "a ". How can I order by ascending, without
taking the preceding "the " or "a " into account?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

Dotan:

In your table, set up a sort field. That way there will be no interpolation as to what you want.

tedd
--
-------