You may have your host incorrectly set. I posted an example yesterday of how to use sockets with POST under the thread ": [PHP] XML Sending problem"

Philip Thompson wrote:
Hi.

I have not dealt much with fsockopen, but after looking at many examples, I'm not finding the answers I need. fsockopen is not returning anything and I'm trying to find out what the issue is. The error messages are not provided and I'm not sure what's going on. Help please!

<?
$fp = fsockopen($host, $port, $errno, $errstr);

if (!$fp) {
    echo "fsock NOT opened!<br/>";
    echo "Error: $errstr ($errno)<br />\n";
}