Sorry, maybe I should have posted on that list. My post was about the list rather than about using MySQL.

My initial thought was that country lists would have been something that people in this forum would have encountered and was also hoping that some people here would have multi-language experience for country lists in other languages.

Thanks to all that have pointed me in the right direction.

-James