Hi there!

I´m building a form validator using PHP and JS. It´s working fine by now, but I want to make a little improvement. Here is how its working now:

  1. The user fill the form. Every time he leaves the field, the JS
     code match the value against a regexp to validate.
  2. When the user submits the form, the PHP script match all the
     values against the same regexp's.

Now, i want to validate my fields to prevent XSS, allowing my html tags but only the attributes that I want.
I thought something like: (the tags and the valid attributes).
<?php
$form_html_validation = array(
       "p"=>array(""),
       "a"=>array("href","name","rel"),
       "ol"=>array(""),
       "ul"=>array(""),
       "li"=>array(""),
       "h2"=>array(""),
       "h3"=>array(""),
       "h4"=>array(""),
       "h5"=>array(""),
       "h6"=>array(""),
       "strong"=>array(""),
"em"=>array("") );
$valid_elements = "<".join("><",array_keys($form_html_validation)).">";
$userInput = strip_tags($userInput,$valid_elements);
//perform DOM Attribute Validation
?>
But I don´t know how to loop over every attribute for each tag in the DomTree.

Someone has any ideas?

Thank You