There are a lot of good books to go by.  I suggest getting one that
incorporates both PHP & MySQL, not just php.

On 11/18/06, Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am pretty new with PHP, but what I've learned in the last 3 weeks is
pretty good I think so far!

What I'm looking to do is create a login script, and have people being
able
to login.

Now, I have pulled scripts from sites, and everything is working okay.
But the problem I have with pulling scripts from other sites, is that the
mysql databases are all different.

How can I import from one database into the other, so basically all the
databases are merged into one main?

I also know that each PHP file has to be re-done and look for the new
database name, for instance if it was user_name, and the default (Main)
database is username .. That I Have to rename all the php files that have
user_name to simply username.

If anyone is willing to help out with the project I'm working on with
another programmer? Hopefully being very cost effective .. or free :) :)

Thanks,

Jeff