On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:41:59 -0600 (CST), "Richard Lynch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Fri, November 24, 2006 1:21 pm, Martin Marques wrote:
>> I have a daemon class which reads and answers using socket_read and
>> socket_write functions. The things is that I connect to the daemon,
>> sent a chain and the I get an answer, but after that the daemon get's
>> struck in the next socket_read.
>
> Have you set:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.socket-set-nonblock.php

If I set non-blocking, I get endless warnings when trying to accept connexions:

Warning: socket_accept(): unable to accept incoming connection [11]: Resource
temporarily unavailable in /usr/local/php/offline/lib/daemonSocket.inc on line
100
socket_accept() failed: reason: Success

> It seems to me that if you don't, you are going to wait for 2048
> bytes, no matter how little/much data is there...

>From the socket_read manual:

 The function socket_read() reads from the socket resource socket created by
the
socket_create() or socket_accept() functions. The maximum number of bytes read
is specified by the length parameter. Otherwise you can use \r, \n, or \0 to
end
reading (depending on the type parameter, see below).

I'm using PHP_NORMAL_READ BTW.