Hi !.

I don't know if my solution is better or not. but in one of my programs i
had to make a backup online then my solution was to use shell vars to put
important information like db_password . When we use putenv function those
var only exists on the current shell and on its subshells. In your case the
following code :

<?php
 putenv("DBNAME=".DB_NAME);
 putenv("DBUSER=".DB_USER);
 putenv("DBPASSWD=".DB_PASSWD);

 system('mysql -h localhost --user=$DBUSER  --password=$DBPASSWD -D $DBNAME
< "/my/import/script.sql" 2>&1');

?>

On 11/30/06, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Richard Lynch wrote:
> Don't use exec. ;-v

yeah - which is annoying because outside of php/exec() using the `cat
/path/2/myqyl/passwd`
trick works (i.e. ps doesn't give the passwd away)

thanks to everyone for there input - I have plenty to read/think about,
I send something back to the list when i have decided upon and tested a
working solutions

thanks everyone!