On Tue, December 12, 2006 9:12 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Based on your subject line, I'd suggest looking for an included PHP
script that has a stray newline (a Windows newline, actually) before
the <?php or after the ?>

> Using the below code to force download works fine on most servers and
> with most
> browsers. However it does "crash" Firefox when I download a specific
> file, IE
> works like beauty. File content starts with:
>
> #!/sbin/_joor_perl_use Filter::decrypt......

If you are using Perl, why are you posting it here?...

> This is the code to force the download:
>
> header("Pragma: public");
> header("Expires: 0");
> header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
> header("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
> header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"$file\"");
> header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
> header("Content-Length: $size");

I know I've posted this twice today, but here we are again:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/

> $file = fopen($completePath, 'r');
>
> while(ob_get_level()) {
>       ob_end_flush();
> }
>
> while(!feof($file)) {
>       echo fread($file, 2048);
> }
>
> fclose($file);
>
> Where can I start? Could it be server config? Or could it have to do
> with flush?
> If I remove the ob_end_flush() it does not crash Firefox.

Why do you have the ob_end_flush() in there anyway?

Is this code on your server that you control?

Then you shouldn't have any ob_start() calls in your way in the first
place. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?